- Reviews (0)
Many problems can be encountered both at and after whelping including:
- Puppy mortality (fading puppy syndrome)
- Prolonged whelping
- Bacterial diseases and many more
If whelping is slowed down, infection of the uterus is more likely to occur and increases the risk of still-births and weak puppies.
If we were able to encourage the ideal whelping, the following would be of high priority:
- More rapid whelping
- Less disease
- Higher percentage of strong, viable puppies
- A less excitable/restless bitch-more settles and keen to feed and accept her puppies
- Rapid uterine recovery after whelping-less metritis, less discharge and more time for the uterus to ‘clean up’ Easy-Whelp is a feed supplement to aid normal whelping and lactation in bitches and to increase puppy viability.
It is a complete 20 day course which is added to the bitches’ feed 10 days before expected whelping and continued for 10 days after whelping. Easy-Whelp includes a very specific form of calcium, which is the most readily available source of calcium by mouth.
Available only in 200gm
Suggested daily intake: 10gm (2tsp) daily over bitch’s feed for 10 days before expected whelping, until 10 days after whelping.